The following videos tell you what Universal Credit is, how to make a claim and how to preview your Journal:
For more information on Universal Credit please visit the Government website.
How do you apply?
You can apply for Universal Credit on the Government website.
To apply you need
· your bank, building society or credit union account details
· an email address
· your National Insurance number
· to know how much rent you pay
· details of your income (for example payslips)
· details of savings and any investments
· details of how much you pay for childcare if you're applying for help with childcare costs
You also have to verify your identity online. You'll need some proof of identity for this, for example your:
· driving licence
· debit or credit card
What about my Housing Costs?
Your Universal Credit payment includes housing costs for your rent. You have to pay your rent directly to Blochairn Housing Association. Please contact us if you need further advice on this.
Need local help & support?
If you require any assistance with applying for Universal Credit, please contact us to book an appointment with our independent advisors - see our Welfare Benefits Advice page.
Other help & support is available:
· Phone the FREE helpline 0808 169 9901
· Visit the GAIN website for information and access to a Webchat session