Gas & Electrics
If you smell gas or fumes you should:
• Turn off appliance
• Turn off the gas supply at the meter
• Don’t switch any electrical appliances on
• Put out cigarettes
• Do not use matches or naked flames
• Open doors and windows to allow the gas to disperse and keep them open until the leak has been dealt with
• Do not use a mobile phone anywhere near the leak
• Check to see if a gas tap has been accidentally left on or if a pilot light has gone out
• Contact Transco on 0800-111-999
Transco will attend and trace the leak, and, if necessary, carry out any repair for which they are responsible. If more extensive work is needed Transco will make safe and inform the Association. We will arrange to have the necessary repair carried out promptly.
Never attempt to fit, repair or service your gas central heating or cooker yourself. Work should be carried out by suitably qualified individuals with the appropriate Gas Safe registrations.
Annual Gas Safety check
The Association is required by law to service the gas central heating boiler annually. You will be contacted by our contractor to make an appointment. You must allow reasonable access (morning or afternoon) for this work.
Most accidents involving electricity can be avoided by following simple advice such as:
• Contact the Association if your sockets are faulty or are overheating
• Never tamper with electricity, get expert help
• Never overload electrical power points
• Use electrical socket adaptors as little as possible and use adaptors only for low loaded items such as table lamps, radio’s, alarm clocks etc.
• Make sure plugs are wired correctly with the correct fuse fitted
• Never take electrical appliances in to the bathroom
• Unplug appliances when they are not in use
• Check flexes regularly
• Never use damaged flexes or run them under carpets or rugs
• Buy plug safety covers if you have young children
• Use a circuit breaker when using any electrical appliance outside