Home Contents Insurance
Your housing provider does not insure your furniture, belongings and other personal items within your home against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks. The Thistle Tenant Risk Scheme can offer tenants and residents the chance to insure the contents of their homes in an easy and affordable way.
Thistle Tenant Risks home contents insurance scheme is a special insurance scheme for social housing tenants living in Scotland. It is provided by Thistle Tenant Risks in conjunction with Allianz Insurance Plc.
You can find more information at http://www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/public.html
Please note that there are many other Home Insurance providers, and you may wish to contact other providers for comparable quotes.
Key Benefits of the Thistle Tenant Risks Home Contents Insurance Scheme.
- Flexible regular premium payments, fortnightly or monthly by cash at any post office or pay zone outlet, monthly by direct debit, annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card
- Quick and easy to apply for cover over the phone or by requesting a form or a call back using the contact page.
- No Excess – you don’t have to pay the first part of the claim.
- There are no minimum property security requirements.
- All social housing tenants and residents are eligible to apply.
- Cover is provided on a new for old basis with no deduction for wear and tear – except in respect of linen and clothing.
- Cover is offered in bands of £1,000 starting from £4,000 for tenants living in sheltered housing. £6,000 for tenants aged 55 and over and from £9,000 for all other tenants. The maximum sum insured available is £35,000.
- Cover includes Theft, Fire, Storm, Water Damage, Flood and Accidental damage to items such as hobs, sanitary ware such as toilets and washbasins as well as fixed glass in furniture, doors and windows.
Additional covers can be added for an additional cost, these include:
- Extended Accidental Damage cover
- Personal Possessions away from the home
- Wheelchair and mobility scooter cover
- Hearing aid cover
- Structure cover for garages, greenhouses and garden huts.
Premiums are based on your postcode, age, level of cover you require and preferred payment method – for a quotation please use the contact form attached or telephone 0345 450 7286
This insurance does not cover your property against everything that can happen.
Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. A copy of the policy wording is available upon request. To make sure that you are always covered you must keep up to date with your payments. If you don’t pay your insurance premium your insurance may be cancelled.